2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak.
Beginning the New Year for many means the custom of making New Year’s resolutions. A resolution is a firm decision to do or not to do something. As Christians we can wake up each day resolving or purposing to do things. We have the spirit of faith which believes what God’s Word says about us but also speaks it.
I don’t know about you but the hardest thing in my life to keep victory over is myself, my mind, my thoughts, and my emotions. This is where speaking words of faith (a truth from Scripture) really helps. We can speak words of faith everyday all year long and not just at the beginning of a New Year. I am resolved for 2020 that:
- No matter what evil or negative events happen it is never God’s fault so I WILL NOT BLAME GOD, because God is for me Romans 8:31.
- No matter what has happened in the past, I WILL FOCUS FORWARD, for God never consults my past to determine my future; God is a God of hope, restoration, and new things Isaiah 43:18.
- No matter what is going on in my present circumstances it does not disqualify me from my future. I am not powerless or a victim but a victor; I WILL NOT FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF for I am more than conqueror in Christ Jesus Romans 8:37.
- No matter what my feelings are, I WILL MASTER MY EMOTIONS BECAUSE I CAN CONTROL MY THOUGHTS (Philippians 4:8), “For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Philippians 4:13.
- No matter what people do, PEOPLE CANNOT STOP ME FROM MY FUTURE unless I let them. “…for there shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life…” Joshua1:5.
- No matter what losses happen, I will not just calculate my losses but I WILL TAKE INVENTORY OF WHAT I HAVE AS A SEED AND SOW IT TO MAKE SOMETHING GOOD TO HAPPEN. Seed (words, thoughts, actions, money, time, faith, the Word of God) is God’s gift to me to create my future and there is never a day in my life that I do not have something as a seed that I can sow Gen. 8:22; Gal. 6:7.