Genesis 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
Genesis 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
After man’s Fall and the judgment of the Flood, God established the principle of seedtime and harvest process by covenant to exist as long as the Earth remains Genesis 8:22. Keep in mind that this is right after the overwhelming circumstance of the flood. It was God’s process He chose to restore the Earth to fruitfulness.
Seed has increase and multiplication in it for its nature is to become more. Seed is the source, origin, or the beginning of anything (Your seed is anything you have received from God that you can sow into someone else or areas of your own life).
Pay attention to what you have as seed. The changes you want in your life and circumstances may already be under your control in the form of a seed. Words are seeds. Thoughts are seeds. Actions, attitudes, and behaviors are seeds. Work and labor is a seed. Money is a seed. Time is a seed. Faith is a seed. The Word of God is called seed.
It is the process of seedtime and harvest that we can learn:
- Harvest and increase are no accident.
- Harvest and increase are not by chance, but choice.
- Harvest and increase were put under a process not a one time shot, luck, or miracle event.
- Increase always depends on seedtime and harvest.
- Expect every harvest to come from a seed. We must sow to reap.
- We have no right to expect a harvest without sowing seed.
- Sowing is permission to expect a harvest. Seed sown is the basis for my hope.
- We don’t reap what we want but we reap what we sow. What are we sowing?
- Tie every hope to a seed and you can cause any person, any area of life, any ministry, department, or church to increase.