It would be nice to know everything that is coming in 2019 before it happens so we can make good decisions. Sometimes people want to know everything in advance so they don’t have to walk in moment by moment dependence upon the Lord. The good news is that we don’t have to figure everything out in advance or by ourselves. God has given us His Word to guide us (Psalm 119:105) but also the Holy Ghost within us (Romans 8:14).
John 16:13-15 says, “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.” The word “shew” in verses 13-15 is “anangello” and means to tell, declare, proclaim, and report, all of which imply meaning He will communicate to us. We don’t have to be lead by voices, impulses, people, feelings, or circumstances but we can be lead by God’s Spirit. People usually end up making bad decisions when they:
- Don’t follow the Holy Spirit’s guidance into all truth.
- Dictate to the Holy Spirit rather than yield to His leading (Romans 8:14).
- Decide apart from the light from God’s Word (Psalm 119:105).
- Determine God’s plan isn’t moving fast enough and take matters into their own hands (that is how Abraham produced Ishmael).
On the other hand, every time we follow His leading or guiding, or what He reveals:
- It will be the truth or reality; nothing fake, false, or deceptive
- It will have a future to it; it will not be a dead end, wasted effort, or another disappointment.
He always leads us to triumph 2 Corinthians 2:14. By the help of the Holy Spirit and the grace of God, I plan to always triumph in 2019!