Isaiah 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
True shepherding is not flashy, platform personality but commitment to loving and serving people; recognizing the value of the individual and the beauty of godly relationships. Sometimes sheep stray from the Shepherd and the sheepfold for various reasons. Jesus spoke of the joy of finding that which was lost including straying sheep Luke 15:5, 6.We need to pray for the straying sheep. The following verses from Ezekiel 34 are rich with truth about sheep and shepherds that we can glean truth from. It was originally written to God’s people of God’s promise to remove the false shepherds and give them true shepherds in preparation for the Good Shepherd (Messiah) He would raise up. To pray in faith we always need to base it on the Word of God and God’s Word gives many promises we can pray for those who have lost their way.
- Deliverance from all harassing enemies Ezekiel 34:12.
- Placed in a pasture where they will eat and be satisfied Ezekiel 34:13-15.
- Ministered to by shepherds who will bind up the brokenness and strengthen the sick Ezekiel 34:16.
- Receive a covenant of peace and security Ezekiel 34:25.
- Placed in a place of blessing Ezekiel 34:26.
- Established in a renowned place where there is potential for growth Ezekiel 34:29.
- Will have the Good Shepherd watch over them Ezekiel 34:22, 23, through under shepherds Jeremiah 23:4.