Every day we need to renew our mind with the Word of God (Romans 12:1, 2) where we find God’s thoughts and ways (Isaiah 55:8-11). We all need upgrade our thinking and in many instances ignore our past. To do that our soul (mind, will, and emotions) needs both an anointing Ecclesiastes 9:8, “…let thy head lack no ointment [anointing]” and an anchor “…which hope we have as an anchor of the soul…” Hebrews 6:18, 19. The truths from God’s Word are both anointed and an anchor to our soul.
The greatest warfare we all face is in the area of our soul. We can turn thoughts from God’s Word into daily thoughts we confess (say out loud to ourselves) to anoint and anchor our soul. Saying the Word out loud to ourselves is a form of meditation on the Word (Joshua 1:8) prescribed by God to make our way prosperous and to have good success.
- No matter what evil or negative events happen it is never God’s fault so I will not blame God, because God is for me Romans 8:31.
- No matter what has happened in the past God never consults my past to determine my future; God is a God of hope, restoration, and new things Isaiah 43:18.
- No matter what is going on in my present circumstances it does not disqualify me from my future. I am not powerless or a victim but a victor; I will not feel sorry for myself for I am more than conqueror in Christ Jesus Romans 8:37.
- No matter what my feelings are, I can master my emotions because I can control my thoughts, “For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Philippians 4:13.
- No matter what people do to me it cannot stop me from my future unless I let it. “…for there shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life…” Joshua 1:5.
- No matter what losses happen, I will not just calculate my losses but I will take inventory of what I have as a seed and sow it to make something good to happen. Seed is God’s gift to me to create my future and there is never a day in my life that I do not have something as a seed that I can sow (Genesis 8:22; Mark 4:14, 26-29).
I’d like to challenge you to do this every day for a week. You may find that your mind likes to operate on God’s Word and thoughts.