I thank God for every father that wants to be a godly man and live the way God would have him to live. While I realize there are no perfect fathers and that we can all be better fathers, most are trying to do what is right toward their family. Being a good and godly father isn’t that difficult if you will submit to this: Follow God’s instructions instead of your own ideas.
Noah is an example of this and he saved his whole family from the judgment of the flood. He followed all of the Lord’s instructions on how to build the ark in every detail and not his own ideas of how it should be done, “THUS DID NOAH; ACCORDING TO ALL THAT GOD HAD COMMANDED HIM, SO DID HE. 7:1 And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation,” Genesis 6:22-7:1.
Fathers, lay aside your preconceived ideas of what you might think is a good father and follow God’s instructions.
7 Biblical Instructions on our Roles as a Godly Father
1. Male – Genesis 1:26-28 (Be a man, not a girly man; masculine traits).
2. Leader/Example – Genesis 18:19; 1 Timothy 3:4, 5.
3. Teacher – Deuteronomy 6:1-8
4. Protector – Genesis 35:2, 3.
5. Lover – Ephesians 5:25, 28, 33.
6. Nurturer/Discipliner – Ephesus 6:4; Colossians 3:21.
7. Provider – 1 Timothy 5:8
HAPPY FATHERS DAY