I have discovered that every problem and situation I face where I am believing God’s Word instead of what I feel and see doesn’t always change overnight or instantly. In many cases we have to learn to stand, make sure we stand, and do all we know to do to stand. Keep standing: God’s working; satan’s fighting; but we’re standing. We will see the victory if we stand in faith. Here are some things the Bible says about standing.
- “…FOR BY FAITH YE STAND 2 Corinthians 1:24 (Romans 11:20).”
- Standing means to stay in faith on the Word you believe, holding to it by continuing to believe it and confess it.
- Literally to stand means to hold up; abide; continue; persist; persevere; be of a steadfast mind; to stand ready.
- Figuratively to stand or make a stand speaks of “one who vanquishes his adversaries and holds the ground or in the midst of the fight holds his position against his foe.”
We can tell if we are in faith or locate our faith by our words (2 Corinthians 4:13) and actions (James 2:22).
- “LET HIM THAT THINKETH HE STANDS TAKE HEED, LEST HE FALL 1 Corinthians 10:11.”
We shouldn’t just think we are standing but know we are standing by having a specific promise or word from the Bible.
- “… HAVING DONE ALL TO STAND, STAND THEREFORE… Ephesians 6:13,14.”
Having done all to stand means we’ve sought God, asked for His wisdom, submitted to His guidance, have a definite verse we are standing on and are doing all we know to do.