If there was ever a generation where people need to know how to enter into God’s protection, walk in it and live in it, it’s this generation. Evil exists in a world God made good. This evil will be judged by God but it will exist for a time and we MUST adjust to this reality.
Protection is no longer optional in these perilous times and we have a part to play. Optional means something is available but not obligatory, mandatory, or required. Certain circumstances and levels of evil in men warrant different measures of protection. Our God values human life and approves of protecting it in three authorized layers of protection:
- SPIRITUAL FORCES (Angels; Faith in Promises from God’s Word; Spiritual armor and weapons …).
- SANCTIONED AUTHORITIES (Government; Law Enforcement; Military; Civil laws).
- SELF DEFENSE (Luke 22:36).
In an age of mass murderers, terrorism, and rise of evil men, we may have to admit as Americans that maybe our government (one of the God sanctioned authorities Romans 13) cannot always protect us. Human systems often fail us and we encounter tragedy and senseless loss of innocent life. On the spiritual level of protection we know God has given powerful promises of protection. We need to pray every day for God to help protect us.
- The God of my rock, in Him will I trust…thou savest me from violence 2 Samuel 22:3.
- “…Thou hast delivered me from the violent man…. Great deliverance giveth he…Psalm 18:18, 50.”
- There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling Psalm 91:10.
- The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil; He shall preserve thy soul Psalm 121:7.
- There shall no evil happen to the just Proverbs 12:21.
- No weapon formed against thee shall prosper Isaiah 54:17.
- And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil Matthew 6:13.
- Who gave Himself for our sins that He might deliver us from this present evil world Galatians 1:4.
- Deliver me, O Lord, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man; 4 Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the violent man; who have purposed to overthrow my goings Psalm 140:1, 4.
- The Lord bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect Psalm 33:10.