1 Peter 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
The Bible is the greatest book on the subject of LIVING. It is the foundation to all true happiness not just for a year but a life. It is the source of everything that is good for man and it is a storehouse of wisdom on everything that is bad for man. It tells us not only how to have a successful relationship with God but also with others. As Christians our home is heaven and we have eternal life but we are also to love life and see good days on Earth 1 Peter 3:10. How should we live? We should live:
- To the will of God, after the spirit, not the flesh 1 Peter 4:1-6; Rom. 8:12-14.
- Responsibly for ourselves but not selfishly Eph. 5:15, 16; Phil. 2:13; 1 Cor. 10:24.
- As if God is watching and present 1 Peter 3:12; Heb. 4:14; Jer. 17:10; Ps. 139.
- As if the eyes of the world were upon us 2 Cor. 3:2.
- As if little children were following in our steps and example Matt. 18:6; 1 Tim. 4:12; Eph. 6:4; Pr. 22:6.
- As if every day may be our last and that Jesus is coming for us Titus 2:11-14; 1 Jn. 3:3.
- By faith and in response to His grace Mark 11:22; Jn. 1:1; Rom. 1:17; Heb. 10:38; Rom. 5:2.
- By the royal law of love Rom. 13:8-13; Eph. 5:2; 1 Cor. 13:4-8.
- By refraining our tongue from evil and deceit, shunning evil, doing good, and seeking peace 1 Peter 3:10.
None of these are suggestions but rather principles and commands that we are exhorted to follow. It’s going to be a great year.