Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
The Oklahoma Land Rush in 1889 was the first land run into unassigned public lands in the United States of over two million acres. Of the over 50,000 people who participated they would have to stake a claim to the land which meant to register a claim to land by marking it with stakes. If you stake a claim to something, you state that you have a right to it and that it should belongs to you. This led to hundreds of legal contests that arose and were decided first at local land offices and eventually by the U.S. Dept. of the Interior. You would have to prove there was no prior claim to ownership of the property.
Do you realize you are the property of God by His right of Creation (Genesis 1:26-28) and Right of Redemption (Ephesians 1:7) which gives Him a claim on your life (Jer. 1:5)? No one has an earlier claim than Him. He staked His claim before you were born and before the foundation of the world as Ephesians 1 :4 adds, “According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love.”
Here are some of the facts to His claim and purpose for our life:
- Our life, purpose, and destiny originate in God’s foreknowledge (to know beforehand) Romans 8:29; 2 Timothy 1:9. We receive vision when His foreknowledge becomes our knowledge.
- Everything God has chosen us to do was planned before we were born Ephesians 1:4; 2:10.
- God, through vision, shows us our end from the beginning but then places us at the beginning to start it Isaiah 46:10.
- To accomplish all He has planned we have to know that all we will need is already supplied for us and how to get the supply out will require our faith 1 Corinthians 2:9, 10; 2 Corinthians 4:13, 18.
- Our destiny comes with wisdom to avoid, quench, or defeat satan’s weapons 1 Corinthians 2:6-8.
- God’s plan for you is complete (Colossians 2:10). Our enemy uses lies and deception to keep us from God’s purpose in which he has to:
- Keep us from discovering it.
- If we discover it, get us to abort it.
- Trick us to think we can get it another way other than God’s way.