If there was ever a generation where people need to know how to enter into God’s protection, walk in it and live in it, it’s this generation. We face harm and threats and harassment seemingly at every turn. War and rumor of wars are commonplace all over the globe. Most people react to danger by either getting callused to it and ignoring it or wring their hands in anxiety and fear. But neither of those responses will get us through. Ignoring problems will not make them go away and neither will fearful cries of despair. We have to deal with the things around us whether it feels good or not, whether it looks pretty or not. Protection is no longer optional in these perilous times and we have a part to play. Optional means something is available but not obligatory, mandatory, or required.
Protection is God’s will for every child of God. Certain circumstances and levels of evil in men warrant different measures of protection. Our God values human life and approves of protecting it in three authorized layers of protection:
- SPIRITUAL FORCES
- SANCTIONED AUTHORITIES
- SELF DEFENSE
On the spiritual level of protection we know God has given powerful promises of protection.
- “The God of my rock, in Him will I trust…thou savest me from violence 2 Samuel 22:3.”
- “…Thou hast delivered me from the violent man…. Great deliverance giveth he…Psalm 18:18, 50.”
- There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling Psalm 91:10.
- The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil; He shall preserve thy soul Psalm 121:7.
- There shall no evil happen to the just Proverbs 12:21.
- No weapon formed against thee shall prosper Isaiah 54:17.
- And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil Matthew 6:13.
- Who gave Himself for our sins that He might deliver us from this present evil world Galatians 1:4.
- Above all taking the shield of faith wherewith you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked Ephesians 6:16.
These promises need activated by our faith. It is not some passive state we slide into accidentally.
Jesus said, “After this manner PRAY … And deliver us from evil ….”
David said, “I will SAY of the Lord; He is my refuge and my fortress ….”
Our faith is released by PRAYING and SAYING. Jesus revealed this same principle of how faith works or is released in Mark 11:23, 24.
Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall SAY unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye PRAY, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
To this the Apostle Paul concurred when he taught about the spirit of faith in 2 Corinthians, “13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak.” Faith for God’s promises and protection needs released.