1 Corinthians 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth.
The love of God within a Believer causes one to feel joyful when right, sincerity, integrity, honesty, and truth prevail. On the opposite end it has no pleasure in any act contrary to God’s norm. No pleasure in wrong or is never glad when others go wrong. Love takes no delight in evil. Love also never delights in seeing an injustice done to someone. Love isn’t joyous at injustices done to people under false facts, pretense, or fake news.
Love is never glad or thrilled about:
- Any unrighteous action or unjust deed or act.
- Lawlessness, sin, or violation of Divine law.
- Morally wrong character, actions, or lifestyle.
- Any deed violating law and justice.
To the contrary LOVE REJOICES IN THE TRUTH or love rejoices when the truth is honored and obeyed. Truth can be what is true in reality, in fact, or actual event (as opposed to what is fake, fictitious, false or deceit).
Love also rejoices in the Truth as taught in the Bible. Love embraces God’s truth gladly. Loves highest loyalty is to truth (2 Corinthians 13:8). Compromise to truth is a violation of love for love is always linked to and defined by truth (1 John 3:18), the Truth of God’s Word.
Love’s highest loyalty, allegiance, and defense must be to Truth because Jesus is the Truth (2 Corinthians 13:8; Ephesians 4:21; John 14:6). Love’s loyalty to the Truth of God’s Word means:
- A willingness to accept the Truth even when it may not fit comfortably with our preconceived ideas and opinions.
- Allowing our minds, thoughts, and attitudes to be shaped by it even when it may not be convenient or comfortable.
- Refusing to compromise and adapt down God’s standard
Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.