John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Purpose is the intention, design, and aim of God for our life on earth. It is what we are to be and do. It is why we are here and the reason behind our existence. It is what we are born and built for. We have been born on purpose by the will of God, or what He has determined and decreed should be. Our life is not an accident or an experiment. Our God is not manipulating us as if we were merely puppets on a string. Our life and purpose was preplanned by God before the Creation of the world. God has a general purpose and a specific purpose for all Believers Ecclesiastes 3:1. The general purposes apply to all of us whereas the specific purposes might be different for each of us.
God has some general purposes for our lives every Believer has been designed for. He will not force us or make us obey what He has designed us for. The reason why many never fulfill their specific purpose (often called destiny) is because they try to skip over fulfilling His general purposes. Obedience to these comes first and it is an aspect of walking in the light of the Word that we already know is His purpose for our life Psalm 119:105, 130; 1 John 1:7. We are designed by God to be people who:
Worship God (John 4:23, 24) or develop an intimate and transparent relationship with Him.
2. Fellowship (1 John1:3) or people who fellowship God and with others in the Church which is His Body.
3. Evangelize (Mark 16:15-20) or preach and share the Gospel every way we can.
4. Serve (1 Peter 4:10) or use the gifts/graces we have and share our life in service to God and others.
5. Become Disciples (Matthew 28:18-20) or submit ourselves to teaching, training, and spiritual disciplines.
6. Become Faithful Stewards (Luke 16:1-13) or are faithful and accountable for all that we’ve been entrusted with