Psalm 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord: and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.
We continue to be, though presently endangered, the longest ongoing Constitutional Republic in the history of the world. A blessing like this is not an accident or by chance but that God has shed His grace on us. For most Americans celebrating Independence Day or the Fourth of July involves time off from work, time with family and friends, fireworks, hotdogs, hamburgers, and barbecue. All of which are fine but not enough to make America great again. It will take a return to God and our Founding principles that we have progressively rejected (that’s what a modern day Progressive is all about).
If you ever study the documents of the Revolutionary Period you’d see a picture and some obvious facts. Virtually all those involved in the founding work of our country, though not all were Christians, were God fearing men. After drafting a document declaring the causes which impelled the colonies to separate from English rule submitting it a few days earlier and after many edits to the initial draft, Congress approved the Declaration of Independence by unanimous vote on July 4th, 1776. Upon reading it you will find the conscience and key moral elements or the cause of the effect of what made America great (along with the Constitution and Bill of Rights). A return to these (not merely electing a Republican, Democrat, or Independent) must be a part of what can only make America great again. They acknowledged:
- There is a Creator.
- God, the Creator, gives certain unalienable rights to individuals.
– not the government
– all men are created equal
– all have the right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness
- Government exists to protect these rights.
- There is a higher moral law; the Laws of Nature and the Laws of Natures God.
- Below the moral law, government does things by the consent of the governed.
- They appealed to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rightness and moral virtue of their intentions in their right to be free and independent states.
God Bless America and have a Blessed Independence Day