2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Every Christian needs to resist and disconnect themselves from fear in all of its forms. Whether it is severe fright and panic or the not so obvious manifestations of fear such as indecision, over caution, and pessimism. Fear(s) may have been rooted and embedded in your life, mind and emotions and have a stronghold due to carry‑ overs from our past; but as a child of God, fear is not our new nature. Fear is not just some mental quirk but a failure spirit from hell. Fear in any manifestation, however obvious or not, is not natural to the child of God. For the most part, it’s on the outside trying to get in which is why Jesus said, “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me John 14:1.” Don’t let it in.
Many go through life burdened and bound by a fear of some kind. Sometimes it has become ingrained in their thinking and behavior that they never recognize its presence. Fear is a spirit from satan not God. Satan is the author of fear every time. It is a spiritual force and God’s will is not that we learn to cope with fear but resist it.
Fear can be the link to many things for fear is a connector. It can connect us to:
- BONDAGE – “For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received…,” Romans 8:15; “Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage,” Hebrews 2:14, 15.
- OPPRESSION – “…who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil,” Acts 10:38; “In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee,” Isaiah 54:14.
- TORMENT – There is no fear in love; but perfect love cast out fear: because fear hath torment,” 1 John 4:17,18.
- HEART FAILURE – “Men’s hearts failing them for fear, for looking after…,” Luke 21:26.
- SNARES – “The fear of man bringeth a snare (captured; bound; trapped; entangles)…,” Proverbs 29:25.
- THE UNDESIRABLE – fear attracts the undesirable like faith – attracts the desirable: “For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me,” Job 3:25.
Disconnect from fear and avoid all of these.