Our life was not meant to be lived under a lot of physical, mental, and emotional pressure. A certain amount of pressure is a normal part of life but excessive pressure and stress is not. The stress and anxieties of life can be destroyed by faith in God, or faith in the finished work of God. Real faith in the grace of God is a rest and produces a relaxed attitude of trust within us. There is no rest outside of faith in the grace and finished work of God. New Testament faith for a Believer is ALWAYS a response to what God has already done and provided. When we understand grace, it is the end of stress, anxiety, trying hard, and struggling.
We can come to a relaxed attitude of trust (rest) because of the finished work of Jesus that has defeated our enemy and made all the provisions we would ever need available to us by a response of faith. We can receive rest for our stress by:
- Believe God’s promises Hebrews 4:1-11.
- Pray (Talk) to Someone who cares Philippians 4:6.
- Take no anxious thoughts Matthew 6:25, 31, 34.
- Pray in other tongues Isaiah 28:11, 12.
- Do right things not just do things right Luke 10:38-42.
- Stay yoked to Jesus’ will that is easy and light Matthew 11:28-30.
All of these are Biblical ways and wisdom from God of dealing with the stresses of life available to us because of His grace.