Redemption was the paying of the price or ransom to deliver us. All of our redemption was by grace. Ephesians 1:7, 8 says, “In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.” It’s all that was necessary to be paid to release us, deliver us, heal us, set us free from sin, satan, and the curse. It covers His entire plan for man’s entire being; and it was all grace, meaning He initiated it, provided it, paid for it. Divine grace never excludes human responsibility if we are to benefit from what God has done.
We must understand Redemption has two sides to it in order for it to benefit us and when we read certain truths from the Word of God. Ask yourself if the truth from a specific verse is describing:
God’s side or Man’s side.
2. The Grace side or The Faith side.
3. God’s action and response to man or Man’s action and response to God.
4. What God has done or What man needs to do.
5. God initiating a move toward man or A man initiating a move toward God.
- God’s work that provides a spiritual rest for man or Man’s obedient response to God to enter into that rest.
- The faithful work of God for man or The faithful work of man for God.
There’s nothing we could do to help God complete the plan (and that’s grace). There’s only one thing we could do, only respond (that’s faith). Faith is a response to God’s grace.