Proverb 1:20 Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: 21 She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying….
We can understand from Proverb 1:20, 21 that the wisdom of God speaks, it can be heard, and makes itself known. In the New Testament James 1:5 says, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth (He won’t taunt or rail at) not and it will be given him.” The wisdom we ask for will come to us as:
- INSTRUCTION – It will instruct us to do something now to avoid future trouble; a warning; a restraint.
Proverb 8:10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold. 11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
- INSIGHT– Gives us understanding of the true nature of things; a big picture of what’s going on.
James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
- CORRECTION – It will call for a change; or give reproof.
Proverb 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
- DIRECTION – It leads us in the right way, road, or path.
Proverb 8:20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:
- IDEAS – It can give us witty inventions; imaginative and creative thoughts that solve a problem or create a solution.
Proverb 8:12 I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.
These are ways we can recognize it when it comes.