Where does healing for the human body come from? Some say only from nature or natural processes which includes the following:
A. NATURE OR NATURAL
1. Relating to or following the usual events or happenings of nature or the physical world.
2. Things God put in nature.
3. Our body’s natural processes, immune system, other systems.
4. Medical means or remedies in the physical world.
Thank God for healing by nature and natural means. The good news is God wants His people well and that we are not limited to natural means of healing because of the work Jesus did on the Cross in redemption. We have supernatural means of healing available to us.
1. Super – Above; Above the Natural.
2. Of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; departing from what is usual or normal or beyond the laws of nature.
3. Divine healing – the process or act of God in which He repairs or restores a damaged human body or drives out a foreign intruder.
The work of the Cross, the work of redemption was a work of God’s grace. All redemption (a releasing for a ransom; or a payment of a price) was by grace (unmerited favor) Romans 3:24; Ephesians 1:7. Whatever God has provided in grace is so that it is available to all by faith Romans 4:16. In the great redemption chapter from Isaiah 53 we can know that healing was provided in redemption.
Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs (Hebrew “choli”- sickness/disease), and carried our sorrows (Hebrew “makob”- grief with pain of body): yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed (Hebrew “rapha – cure, heal, repair, make whole).
As surely and completely as He bore and carried our sins, He surely and completely bore and carried our sicknesses.