Mark 16:15, 20 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature…. 20 And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
Our thinking about evangelism needs to be expanded if we are going to win the lost. In Acts 10, God had to change Peter’s thinking about the Gentiles before ministry could be extended to them. Our concepts and thoughts about evangelism and what is an evangelistic spirit needs expanded to line up with God’s thoughts on the subject (Isaiah 55:8, 9).
The book of Acts records the Early Church operating under the leadership of the Holy Ghost (Acts 1:8) and in obedience to the Great Commission (Matt. 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-20). Within its pages there are twenty two (22) different recorded evangelistic/salvation experiences of a group or individual occurred. Of the twenty two (22) different recorded salvation experiences nineteen of the twenty two (19 of the 22) happened outside the temple. The first ten (10) were all outside the temple.
1. They understood the field of evangelism was the world, not the church.
2. They understood God had an agenda for the world they lived in and sought to be a part of it.
3. They understood that they were His ambassadors and witnesses and that evangelism was everyone’s responsibility.
4. They understood people could be saved at their “gatherings” but primarily at their “goings.”
5. They understood that the center of their operations (the Church gathering) was not the center of the field of evangelism.
As you can see, the Field of Evangelism is wherever unsaved people are, which is generally NOT IN
CHURCH unless we bring them.