2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
Our ability to work with people is critical to fulfilling our God given purpose in life. The Church is a Body of many members and like a team they need to work together to get things done. I have been around some very productive people who are able to get things done but who do not know how to get along with others. They get things done, yes, but they destroy and hurt relationships in the process. We often hear people make excuses for them like, “Well that’s just the way they are,” or “I know they have some issues but they’re good workers.” It is true that everyone of us have some strengths (usually where we have grace Rom. 12:6-8) and each of us have limitations (usually where we don’t have grace) but weaknesses are where we have character flaws or where the flesh still dominates us. The remedy is learning to develop Godly character (the fruit of the spirit) and learn to walk in the spirit (Gal. 5:17, 22, 23).
We should also be realistic and sober minded to realize some practical things such as:
A. NO ONE IS PERFECT.
1. No one will do everything right.
2. No one will act just the way we want all the time.
3. We have this treasure of the light of the knowledge of God’s glory (the Gospel) and our own salvation in earthen vessels.
B. WE ARE ONE OF THOSE IMPERFECT PEOPLE (OURSELVES).
1. We need to love others as we love ourselves.
2. We need to judge others as we judge ourselves.
3. We often judge others by their actions and ourselves by our intentions.
4. We need to judge ourselves in order to see others clearly Matthew 7:4, 5.
C. WE NEED PEOPLE AND PEOPLE NEED US.
1. We are one body but many members.
2. All the members need each other.
3. We are interdependent.
D. PEOPLE PROBLEMS ARE NORMAL.
1. God Himself had problems with people Genesis 6:5,6.
2. Yet He still decided to work to redeem mankind Ephesians 1:3 7.