Genesis 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
Seed is the source, origin, or beginning of anything. Seed has increase or multiplication in it or is anything that can become more. The Book of Genesis tells us that the seedtime/harvest principle will remain as long as the Earth does. It’s the law of sowing/reaping. Jesus applied this seedtime/harvest principle to the Word producing the Kingdom of God (Mark 4:26 32). The Holy Spirit through the apostle Paul applied the seedtime/harvest principle to giving or sowing money (2 Corinthians 9:6) and to our actions and behavior (Galatians 6:7-9). The truth is that there are all kinds of things called seed and all kinds of fields to sow into we can reap a harvest out of.
A. OUR SEED IS ANYTHING WE HAVE RECEIVED FROM GOD THAT WE CAN SOW INTO SOMEONE ELSE OR INTO AN AREA OF OUR OWN LIFE.
1. Words are seeds. (We can sow good or bad words into our relationships).
2. Thoughts are seeds. (We can allow good or bad thoughts to be sown into our mind).
3. Actions, attitudes, and behaviors are seeds. (Love is a seed; Kindness is a seed; Mercy is a seed; Patience is a seed; Thankfulness is a seed; A smile can be a seed …).
4. Money is a seed. (We can sow money out of our abundance, out of obedience, or even out of sacrifice).
5. Time is a seed. (We all have time every day we can choose what we sow it towards).
6. Faith is a seed. (We can release our faith and plant it like a seed).
7. The Word of God is called seed. (We can sow the Word of God into our heart or into other people).
2. OUR SEED IS THE GIFT GOD HAS GIVEN US TO AFFECT OUR FUTURE.
Sometimes we become passive and sit around waiting for something good to come to us. It is like we are waiting for someone else to decide it is time for us to have something good to happen or to come our way; waiting for our ship to come in; or waiting for a break or luck. We can look at people who experience good things and think they got lucky. It may not be luck, it may be seed sowing and harvest.
God is faithful to always gives us something to begin our future and start things. What we sow has a future or can change something in the future. Adam and Eve had seed in the Garden to expand it. Their increase was in the seed. Remember God saw everything He did and it was good, very good and that includes seed. The widow woman in 1 Kings 17 had meal in a barrel and a cruise of oil. She obeyed the prophet Elijah and received a miracle. Stop looking at what others possess and look at what you have as a seed. We all have something, look for it. There will never be a day in your life that you have nothing.