Genesis 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
One of the privileges of male parenting and responsibilities given to fathers is to perpetuate the spiritual influence given to them or pass their God down to their children. God wanted the spiritual life given to Abraham to be perpetuated from generation to generation. If you will remember whenever God revealed Himself, He always identified Himself as the God of the previous generation’s father:
1.Genesis 26:24 Isaac
2. Genesis 32:9 Jacob
3. Exodus 3:6 Moses
4. Joshua 1:5 Joshua
A Godly father was God’s instrument to lead his family. With regard to his children who will one day leave our home to start their own family, we only have a very short time while they are directly under our authority for us to train them. We are for a short period of time function like the pace car at the start of a car race at the Indianapolis 500.
1. Out in front leading at the beginning of the race.
2. The pace car guarantees everyone in the race receives a fair start.
3. The pace car insures all the cars are in the right position, moving at the right speed.
4. When the pace is properly fixed, he gets out of the way. He’s only in front for a while.
5. Only other time he comes out and takes a lead is in a crisis, danger, or accident (yellow flag).
HAPPY FATHERS DAY