Every day the mercies of God are new and we can have a fresh start (Lam. 3:21, 22). Every day we need to upgrade our thinking and ignore our past. To do that our soul (mind, will, and emotions) needs both an ANOINTING Ecclesiastes 9:8, “…let thy head lack no ointment [anointing]” and an ANCHOR, a hope, “…which hope we have as an anchor of the soul…” Hebrews 6:18, 19. Start out your day thinking and saying these thoughts out loud to yourself in order to anoint and anchor your soul:
1. No matter what evil or negative events happen it is never God’s fault so I will not blame God, because God is for me Romans 8:31.
2. No matter what has happened in the past God never consults my past to determine my future; God is a God of hope, restoration, and new things Isaiah 43:18.
3. No matter what is going on in my present circumstances it does not disqualify me from my future. I am not powerless or a victim but a victor; I will not feel sorry for myself for I am more than conqueror in Christ Jesus Romans 8:37.
4. No matter what my feelings are, I can master my emotions because I can control my thoughts, “For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Philippians 4:13.
5. No matter what people do to me it cannot stop me from my future unless I let it. “…for there shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life…” Joshua1:5.
6. No matter what losses happen, I will not just calculate my losses but I will take inventory of what I have as a seed and sow it to make something good to happen. Seed is God’s gift to me to create my future and there is never a day in my life that I do not have something as a seed that I can sow, “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap Gal. 6:7.”
(Words, thoughts, actions, behaviors, money, time, faith, and God’s Word can all be used as seed)