James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth (He won’t taunt or rail at) not and it will be given him.
God has readily made His wisdom available to us in many ways. Wisdom is the ability to use the knowledge of God appropriately and perfectly suited to a situation: to accomplish a goal, solve a problem, or make a decision. God’s exceeding abundant grace has made it ours for the asking. James 1:5 says, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth (He won’t taunt or rail at) not and it will be given him.” The wisdom we ask for will come to us as:
1. INSTRUCTION Pr. 8:10, 11, 33 – It will instruct us to do something now to avoid future trouble; a warning; a restraint.
2. INSIGHT James 1:5; Eph. 1:8 – Gives us understanding of the true nature of things; a big picture of what’s going on.
3. CORRECTION Pr. 1:20-23; 15:32, 33; 6:23 – It will call for a change; or give reproof.
4. DIRECTION Pr. 8:6, 20– It leads us in the right way, road, or path.
5. IDEAS Pr. 8:12– It can give us witty inventions; imaginative and creative thoughts that solve a problem or create a solution.
These are ways we can recognize it when it comes.