When we go to God’s Word and believe what His Word says over what we see in our circumstances there is often a time element or waiting period. Everything does not change immediately and therefore we have to hold fast to what we are believing and stand in faith until the physical answer comes to pass. We have to be assured in our heart that we are truly standing in faith. As an individual I can know if I am standing in faith when:
1. I have a WORD on it (verse, promise, Bible truth I am believing) (Rom 10:17). A specific verse I’m standing on.
2. I have an INNER CONFIDENCE or assurance (Heb. 11:1, 34), an inner knowing (1 Jn. 5:14, 15), or am fully persuaded (inner certainty) (Rm. 4:21).
3. I have JOY AND PEACE (Rm. 15:13). When in faith, when believing God, there is joy and peace in our heart.
4. I am at REST (a relaxed attitude of trust) and not anxious (Heb. 4:9, 10). Where faith begins anxiety ends.
5. I have A WAY OF LOOKING AT MY CIRCUMSTANCE that may not be understood by the less informed because I’m looking at the unseen (2 Cor. 4:18) and not natural sight (2 Cor. 5:7).
6. My WORDS (2 Cor. 4:13; Rom. 4:18) AND ACTIONS (James 2:17-20) AFFIRM MY BELIEF or stand of faith; in other words, my stand of faith affects the way I talk and act